Saturday, April 18, 2009

Beatrice.

I'm home!

The past three days have been busy, but tonight my parents are in the city at a concert so I am happy to be hanging out at home with my cat, listening to Donavan and making rice crispie cake.

As I was packing my massive piles of stuff into bags and boxes on Thursday, Melissa and I were talking about how we never get charged for overweight luggage; of course this time I get caught and have to pay seventy five dollars for eleven extra pounds of luggage. BAH.

I stumbled into my house at 10:30 on Thursday after a very long day, and the first thing my mother says to me when I get home was "Your dad needs help laying pipe tomorrow"

This did not put me in a good mood, let me tell you.

So yesterday morning instead of sleeping in as I had planned, I was outside on hauling 20 ft. steel pipes around so that we can pump water into our dugout. It really wasn't bad, the weather was nice, and I got to hear my neighbour (possibly one of the funniest men ever) tell stories at lunch time. Oh jeez.

I finally ventured into town this afternoon to pick up some groceries and to talk to my boss about work. It is safe to say that Redvers has not changed a bit. I had fresh eggs and REAL bacon for dinner (yay!), and then the dogs and I went for a walk. I saw a rainbow and I almost got attacked by one of our roosters. It was all and all a beautiful, relaxing, wonderful day back at home.

I am trying to upload some pictures that I took tonight but it doesn't seem to be working (thanks saskatchewan wireless) so I will try again tomorrow.

1 comment: