Saturday, March 28, 2009

In the beginning..

The moment has come.
I broke down.
I am officially a blogger.
I am only like, three years behind the times.

Anywho, I have been thinking about making a blog for quite some time now for a number of reasons;
1. It always seems that I am far away from many of my friends no matter where I am- I guess it is an easy way for people to keep an eye on me and make sure I am not causing too much trouble.
2. Sometimes I just NEED to write stuff down. Sometimes I want to share it with people, sometimes I don't. You get to read what I want to share. Most of it will be just junk (what I ate for breakfast, I saw someone with a really bad haircut in the math building today, etc. Not really) but some of it will be good, I promise.
3. If you know me at all, you know I love to tell stories.
4. Some people tell me I am funny. Some days I agree with them. Maybe I can make you laugh sometime?

So yes. Here we are. Oh, in case you forgot who I am or you stumbled across this blog accidentally..here is some stuff.

So my name is Katie (or Kathleen) and I am currently hanging out at the University of Waterloo for a few years; working on a degree in International Development. Its a pretty good time, but don't ask me what I want to do with my life, I will probably never know. What else?

Oh, I am from Saskatchewan.

May not seem like a big deal, but I have realized in the past year and a half that this is a guaranteed conversation starter for three reasons:

a) They don't know where that is.

b) They know where it is, but they didn't know anyone actually lived there.

or c) They know people from Saskatchewan. Chances are I know the person, or if I don't, I have a friend whose cousin's maid does. True story.

Oh, I should also throw this in although you may have noticed this already- I hate punctuation. I write the way I speak, which means I throw things into sentences when they aren't needed, or don't put them in at all. Sorry about it, it is just a habit. So if I am not making sense..too bad. Yeah.

Whooooooo.
I don't have much else for this introductory post. So I should go to bed.
Night night.
Katie

1 comment: